No products in the cart.
By moving on to register a vendor account, you agree to the following terms and conditions for vendors ( /sellers / merchant). These also cover all of your rights and responsibilities when you use the Afriket platform services and participate as a vendor on the Afriket platform. These terms will be reviewed and (or) updated periodically; you’ll be notified of all such changes at least 30 days prior to the effective dates proposed changes.
Signup and Application
Sellers must apply to sell on the Afriket platform by registering a vendor account at https://afriket.ca/my-account/ , and selecting the “I am a vendor” option on the registration form.
Vendors are responsible for the creation of products on the Afriket platform. Product images and content descriptions are expected to meet Afriket standards. Once a product is created, the Afriket Team will review and quality check the products. The products go live (are published) once it has been certified to meet all requirements. Items that do not meet the standards of Afriket will not go live.
- You may upload up to 5 images for each product in either JPEG or PNG format.
- Images should be clear and professional, and show the original work of the vendor.
- Maximum file size for each single image should not exceed 2MB.
- The product cover image will be the main product image hence should be the front view of the product.
- Watermarked images are prohibited.
- Afriket will use images and videos of products to advertise on all Afriket platforms including the website, social media, newsletters, etc.
NB: All products will be automatically saved as “pending” till approved by the Afriket Team. Till then, if you try to view the product by clicking the view link, you will be met with a ‘404 page not found’ page. However, you will still be able to view/edit the product details by clicking on edit.
- Store banner and profile images are different from product images. However, the use of watermarked images for any, is also prohibited.
Shop Maintenance, Stock and Inventory Management
Vendors are in charge and responsible for the running, maintaining, and update of their store-front and products on Afriket.
Packaging,Shipping and Delivery
Vendors are responsible for setting the shipping costs and charges of all products on their store-front.
Vendors are also responsible for the packaging and delivery of products to customers. Once an order is placed, you will be notified by email. You may log in to your vendor account dashboard and view the full details of the order by clicking on the ‘Orders’ link. Once the order is shipped, enter the tracking number and courier used, and mark the order as “Complete” in your vendor account.
Ready-to-wear product orders must be processed and shipped within 3-5 business days of order, and Made-to-Order products, within 5-10 business days of order. Sellers must indicate shipping times in the description of each individual product item.
Afriket will gain a 10% commission on all product sales. This means for each individual purchase of a product by a customer using the Afriket platform, 10% of the selling price will be taken by Afriket.
Promotions and Discounts
Afriket offers the possibility for vendors to set up promotional campaigns and coupon creations. However, vendors should keep in mind that the discounts provided is based on the original selling price of the product. Thus, in events of sales and/or discounts, Afriket will take a 10% commission on the new/discounted selling price.
Stripe, PayPal & Payouts
Afriket uses Stripe for all of its electronic transactions primarily in the purchase of products by customers on the Afriket platform. Stripe charges a fee per successful transaction. Vendors are responsible for all Stripe fees (2.7% + C$0.05 per successful charge).
Paypal is used for the transmission of payment to vendors once customers have received their orders.
Payouts are sent to vendors once a withdrawal is initiated from within the vendor account by clicking on the “Withdraw” button. Minimum balance for a withdrawal is $10.00
Afriket sets high operational standards for all vendors joining the platform. The following actions (considered below standards), will lead to penalties:
- Late Shipment: Late shipments outside the 3-5 or 5-10 business days processing period will constitute a penalty.
- Order Cancellation: All orders cancelled before item shipping as a result of vendor error will be considered out of stock and constitute a charge.
Afriket Penalties & Charges
- Late Shipment: $2.50 per item.
- Order Cancellation: $5 per item.